Wednesday, October 05, 2005

the day the gods lent the sun to me

the drizzlin sky was painted
with a generous ray of
glitter...
the misty breath of the winds, sparkled
with throngs of
warmth...
the cascadin' waves blended
with the golden
shadows...

just for a day,
the gods loaned your
tender pat
from the hand that i have longed
to hold,
the smile
from the lips that i'd die
to kiss,
the three worded phrase
which were the
strongest pushes
that has made me
hold on this far...

alas, all these are
nothin'
but
crumbs
of what
she
has...

(september 4, 2005)

--->>> backdrop:
september 3, 2005...
loud drums, loud chants, banners, screaming wishes of luck, cheers, confetti, flowers...
i was about to ride the bus that will bring us to hyatt when i heard someone call my name...
"Tin" he said...
i turned my back and saw him...
he was clad in his usual white polo shirt...
but twas unusual, he greeted me first...
"Good luck"...
i actually didnt hear it quite clearly but saw him utter those words...
i was so delighted with his mere sight...
what more with him wishin me luck - and sayin my name...

that did not end there.

i saw him the following day, early in the morning,
running with a friend, probably hoping to catch up for the traditional send-off at taft.
all the butterflies in my stomach made its way into my heart.
i was so happy.
during the send-off, i saw him...
if only my heart can choke me to death, it probably would have done so - for the loads of bacons that i ate, the terror that gripped me with a fierce enemy called the bar exams, and the sight of the man that for five long years i have loved...
i passed by him, but the line stopped while he was beside me, on my left side - and the world stopped as well, mine at least...
again, he made me wanna jump for joy.
he tapped my left arm and said,
"Tin, God bless."
was it me or it was really so sincere that i felt it was heartwarming?
whatever it was, they were enough to make me happy ---
despite the truth revealed two days later
that he is still hers,
and he,
can never be mine.

No comments: