Wednesday, February 07, 2007

sick, swamped and disgusted

just this morning, i was sneezing to no end, to the extent that the man seated next to me in the bus was looking at me with pandidiri. hehe. probably, the virus hit me as i was sleep-deprived yesterday and someone is sick at the office.

as opposed to monday's work sched, my hands are full with "to do's" today, which is usual here. i am swamped with things to accomplish, but, fortunately, as i was writing this, i have finished doing some. much to my dismay though, a contract review was resurrected. not that boss wanted it undone but because of a seven-day old decision by the Supreme Court.

the dismay was not brought by the fact that i have to overhaul the entire thing. no biggie for me as it is a part of my job. what ticked me is that, surprisingly, the decision rendered did not mention the very recent case from which i based my legal opinion. i was at a loss.

the problem is, the case relied upon was superseded by a resolution on the motion for reconsideration. the decision was as far back as 1999 and the resolution was last 2002. what the Supreme Court held are two poles apart. now, what am i left to do? :(

anyway, i will be meeting with my UP friends-slash-orgmates at greenbelt for dinner. twinx will be leaving for singapore so despite my not-so-ok condition, i have to be at the kitchen by 730pm; saka ayoko din naman na matagalan pa bago kami magkita ulit.

one of our bosses said that the managing partner has some pre-valentine announcement to make tomorrow at 11am (oo, may oras pa talaga!). i'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that the title above won't be the same for tomorrow's entry.

1 comment:

Monique said...

MR, MR, MR, MR... :D