Thursday, December 29, 2005

tooth fairy please?

at forty-five minutes past nine in the morning, i said goodbye to my holiday curse, my tooth.

supposedly, i was to meet my dentist last tuesday but she wasn't feeling well so it was rescheduled. i can only sigh. this tooth has bugged me for more than a week now, spoiling my noche buena and noche buena aftermaths.

i had really not-so-good memories about my tooth getting pulled up by dental pliers. so, this is such a remorseful state on my part. havin your tooth extracted at the age of 26 when your tolerance for pain has long dissipated.

so when i was asked to sit and then gargle and keep my mouth open as though i have to swallow whole an entire tiramisu cake [by red ribbon, of course, my current fave, oh how i wish], i diverted my attention to something more horrifying - the mere thought of the bar examinations results. it was pleasurable.

our batch has kept this yahoo group account so as to keep ourselves updated on employment problems, application booboos and more chismis. one of my classmates, julie, said that somebody she knows from the supreme court whispered that the results will be out by may. however, another classmate, bruce, wrote that some professor [won't name names, hehe] said to him that it will be on the 2nd week of april. wow.

tin, okay lang ba?

it was my dentist. i was about to answer, "hindi po, kabadong kabado na po ako" when i realized that she was referring to my tooth. the left portion of my mouth has gone really numb, after the several shots of anesthesia that my dentist injected in my gums. i wish i can have my mind injected as well - only to keep myself numb from the idea that months from now, my future will be unfolded.

finally, it was gone. leaving one vacant lot of my lower left gum. it was still painful but i opted for a one-time-big-time pee-inducing pain than endure days of miniscule torture.

goodbye tooth.

hello ice cream. loads of ice cream. haay. if only there is an ice monster store nearby.

and yeah, hello bar results. same with my tooth extraction, i can only pray that you will never haunt me ever again. once is enough.

p.s. so tooth fairy, can i now make a wish? er, can you make it two? =)

1 comment:

Monique said...

AKO ang iyong tooth fairy godmother... ;)