Wednesday, March 05, 2008

march 5, 1994

let me commemorate this eventful day in my life.

he brought me home that night. it was somewhat late. as we got a ride in our village tricycle, i told him, "tignan mo yun", while pointing at the signage of the grocery store --- pacita foodmart. told him to remove pacita, and asked him what remained --- "foodmart," he quickly replied. then i asked him to remove the suffix 'mart' and asked him what's left. "food," he said. finally, i asked him to drop the f and the d. then he smiled and tightened his grip on my hand.

juvenile. yet to this day, i must admit that the boy still makes me smile - and believe that it is wonderful to fall in love.

the relationship did not last "til the last drop of my blood" fell. it did not even survive to hear erik santos' remake of its theme song. but the memories lasted, even outlasted those of recent experiences. and i will always be thankful to him for these good memories.

No comments: